Sunday, November 11, 2007

Simple Pleasures


After a cumulative loss of 18 lbs for our family, but gaining 18 pounds in our luggage, 12 hours on a plane and two hours to clear customs in Los Angeles, we had the best sleep ever. It was wonderful to be able to brush our teeth with tap water again. What we take for granted! The breakfast buffet was the best food I've ever had.

We think it was wise to stop over night in Los Angeles. It gave us a chance to get our bearings and move our bodies back toward Central Time. We arrived to a large welcoming party in Nashville. (I'll try to post pictures from someone's camera.) I was so excited to get off the plane I left my wallet in the seat back pocket. It flew on to Baltimore. I noticed it while Sarah was sleeping on me but I didn't want to move and wake her. Southwest will Fed Ex it to me this week.

Our small group (Bible study group) that met us also filled our refrigerator with food which came in handy at midnight when S wanted a barbeque sandwich! Sarah slept from 10 p.m to around 5:15 a.m. She awoke happy and played for most of the day. She took one short nap around 10:30 a.m. and a long nap at 3:00. We woke her up so she could eat and go back to sleep for the evening.

We unpacked today - that means that things were taken out of suitcases. It in no way means they are put away. We did about 5 loads of laundry and have about 3 to do. We all bounded out of bed and felt great in the morning but were dragging by afternoon. I've heard it takes one day for every time zone you cross to recover from jet lag. Hopefully it won't be that long.

I'll send more pictures soon.

Our trip ended the same way it started. The morning we left, one of our new TSA approved locks wouldn't unlock....and it was on our suitcase. So S had to saw it off. When we went to unlock our bags that were locked with our new TSA approved locks that we bought at the airport, we realized that the keys are in my wallet in Baltimore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad you made it home safe. We have totally enjoyed your blog. The kids really enjoyed the pictures when your new little one appeared, especailly Andie. She is dieing to meet her, but we will give you a few days to regroup from your worldly travels. Anything we can do just give a yell!!

Ashley Fowlkes said...

I love this picture, despite your husband's frustration. Sarah looks pleased as punch. Sweet gal!