Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lots of postings - scroll down





Have you ever had one of those days where you could not imagine how truly blessed you are? It's been a year since my dad died and God has amazing healing powers. We lost my dad but gained Sarah. I turned 40 and see everything clearer now.

Today was an amazing day. J was testing for his L1, 2nd degree black belt. He got a terrible sunburn on Thursday at the pool. (I will never take his word that he already has sunscreen on again - ha!) He was hurting so bad that he did not want to test. But he had worked so hard to prepare. I shared Philipians 4:13 with him, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." When we finished, J said, "I'm going to pass today!" God did not take away his pain from the sunburn, but He gave him the strength to get through it. J passed his form and board-breaking. Sparring is subjective so we'll find out about it soon. I've never been so proud of him.

At the neighborhood street party J got to ride the dunking booth. Sarah liked the inflatable bouncy castle. I hope to find pictures from someone who had a camera there. duh. hat-rack moment. It was so much fun to have my mom (and neighbor!) there with us. It was a hot-humid evening. Walking home you could smell the honey-suckle.

I marvel at how lucky we are to have the kids we have and the life we have. I see the hand of God in it daily. My wish is that you do too.

No comments: